http://Pin It eating with Jade: Breakfast at John St Cafe in Cottesloe

Monday, March 5, 2012

Breakfast at John St Cafe in Cottesloe

A couple Sundays ago I was searching for a breakfast to cure my killer hangover. I had been working in Cottesloe that week and had really enjoyed the different customer base. If I was a millionaire I'd definitely think about living there.

 

I parked along Marine Parade and walked a short distance and turned down John Street. I had heard good and bad things about this charming little cafe and wanted to try it myself.

There were cyclists and hipster mums as far as the eye can see, which is the norm for little places like this. So after tripping over all the bikes and the prams I was offered a seat and at the same time a coffee.

 

The perfect latte

 

That latte was the perfect thing for my thumping head. As you can see the tables are very vibrantly painted. My table had a green crab.

 

 

Crab

 

I ordered the breakfast bagel to eat. It sounded great and included almost all of my going-out-for-breakfast favorites.

My holy trinity of breakfast is eggs, bacon and avocado. As you can see there is no egg. There was a lot of water cres and heaps of cream cheese which gave it a strange tang I'm not used to. It was nice and filling and quite tasty apart from the cream cheese. Though I must admit I did spend an alarming portion of the day on the couch so the John St cafe unfortunitely didn't cure my self inflicted sickness hangover..

Cottesloe Beach

 

Seagull

 

No comments:

Post a Comment