http://Pin It eating with Jade: ANZAC Day breakfast at The Daily Planet, Mt Lawley

Saturday, April 28, 2012

ANZAC Day breakfast at The Daily Planet, Mt Lawley

'Twas the night before ANZAC Day, when all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse..

Then everything went NUTS!!

I had borrowed my sisters car to take to the house I was house sitting for the night.. (my car is now completely undrivable, but that's another blog post...) Went about my usual night routine and was in bed by about 10 pm.. (the house I was house sitting was about 40 minutes drive away from my sisters place)..

I awoke with a start at about 4:15am to THIRTEEN MISSED CALLS! My phone was on silent and I hadn't heard a thing. I called my sister straight away, her baby wasn't well and they had gotten a taxi (oh the guilt....) to emergency.. I zoomed straight in there on my borrowed wheels.

After what seemed a lifetime we were seen by the doctor in the emergency ward and Naz was given some medicine.. After that kicked in we all wearily walked out to the car and I dropped them at my sisters place in Mount Lawley so they could get some proper shut eye.

I went to get petrol and supplies for the sickies from the chemist and the supermarket. On my way back to the car I walked past Daily Planet, after such a long night the smell of good coffee enticed me in. Daily Planet is right next door to Planet Video and Planet Books and is filled to the brim with hipsters.




I was seated straight away, the staff didn't have a uniform and dressed however they liked. I usually find that a little unnerving as I'm never sure who to ask where my Eggs Benedict is.. But they pull it off well here and the staff are very atentative.

I ordered a double- shot latte as soon ask sat down. After such a long night I needed coffee. Plus "I'll have a double shot latte" is my new favorite thing to say... Makes me feel important.

Double Shot Latte
Look at it... So pretty
 

I ordered the pikelets to eat. I forget the actual name on the menu and I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it.. But here it is..

 

Pikelets!!!
Perfect fluffy pikelets with honey and powdered sugar and in that little glass is a berry compote. It was divine! And what a way to properly start the day..! The waitress informed me that there was "free wifi with no password" which is great and I don't understand why more cafes don't do this.

I devoured my delicious meal and went back to my duties looking after Simone and Naz.. An eventful Anzac day to say the least!

1 comment:

  1. Yum Pikleys!!! Thanks for everything Jadie!

    ReplyDelete